Doing a warm up before any exercise is really important, not only to get your body activated but also to help decrease the risk of injury during any physical activity. Surprisingly a lot of people skip or don’t feel that they need to warm up which can be a huge mistake.
These quick and dynamic warm up exercisers will help blood flow through out your body, encourage smooth joint movements and activate key muscle groups that will help you get the most out of your physical activity.
- Rotating Lunges – This opens up your hips, engages your core and loosens up your upper and middle back.
- Single Leg Swings – Stretches your hips and thigh muscles while loosening up your hamstrings.
- Arm Swings – This one targets the shoulders, pecs and chest area.
- Shoulder Rotations – Ideal for loosening up the shoulders and rotator cuffs.
- Squats – Activates the thighs, hamstrings, hips and of course your butt.
- Quad Stretch – Great stretch for not only the quads but your hip flexors as well.
- Hip Rotations – Opens up your hip flexors and gets your hip abductor muscles firing.
Whether you are going for a run, taking to the footy field or just working out in the gym this fluid and dynamic warm up only takes a few minutes and your body will definitely thank you for it!